Putting people first says poor design and user experience are hampering the growth of mobile TV.
- Poor quality reception – patchy 3G coverage with interruptions
- Slow start up speed – The time taken to access the service through menu structures and connection time was between two and five minutes
- Cost – flat rate vs pay-as-you-go issues were raised in the study
- Usability -Many aspects of the service were simply considered unnecessarily complicated to use
- On screen displays – such as details of current show and channel were considered important
- Programme guides – not easily available