Two great back to back posts on why web apps fail!
The 7+7 reasons he mentions are:
- Focus on social instead of personal.
- They solve too many problems, or try to.
- They’re about making someone other than the user happy.
- They sell it the wrong way.
- Not in it for the long haul.
- They show too much of what’s going on, and get gamed.
- They don’t have an underlying business strategy of improving people’s lives.
- They’re never built.
- They’re modeling an offline activity incompletely.
- They’re ahead of the curve.
- They don’t plan for change.
- They don’t charge money.
- They have no barrier to entry…at all.
- They don’t think holistically.
He finally ends with this sentence:
“If we look closely, that’s what most successful web apps do: they make our offline lives richer.”
I completely agree. We are all here to make a difference in everybody’s life! Lets make the so called web 2.0 really social so that the impact comes back to the ‘real’ world.