I am in a 'think future' mood today 🙂 – I often am but I am enthused to write about certain things finally … I got motivated to write this when I read College 2.0 – I have been reading these kind of articles.
(my proposed ) Future of Learning:
- No more monodramatic Lectures.
- No waking put for early classes.
- Learn at your convenience.
- Meet your professor only if needed.
- Give exams only if needed.
- Do assignments and learn from your mistakes as well as from what othersare doing properly!
- Ask Qs anytime
- Get it answered by anyone – professor, student or anyone in the internet
- Download talks – text, audio, video or pictures independent of space and time
- Edit and create learning materials – from scratch or from what your professor has made
- Share 'again'
- And more …
Basically learn at your convenience and time depending on your interests.
There are limitations to what you can do now currently in terms of cost, feasibility, technology, scalability, willingness to adapt. Yes, everyone can argue but let me list you the technology and tools:
- High End Mobile Phone with GPRS connection
- Desktop computer + internet connection
- Mp3 player
- digital cameras
Enabling backend technology:
- 'pod/video/picture' casting
- media editing software
- Calendaring system
Will write later once this spark again on what I would do if I can change the way things are now taught in IITM in specific. I graduated in 2002 and I am pretty sure nothin has changed in this time frame 😀