Well let me give out the links and then mention my views:
- See Google code first in case you haven’t checked : http://code.google.com/
- Project hosting – http://code.google.com/hosting/ , seems like a nice alternative to Sourceforge.
Features in Project hosting are decent and let me mention a few projects – I did search on collaborative projects as I am kind of interested in those kinds now. Came across the following:
- TV forge – http://code.google.com/p/tvforge/
- Social Text – A wiki project, recently went open source. Definitely check it out
- Toutateam – For collaboratively doing lots of things
Two nice features in built – a deault user level Bugzilla kind of interface: http://code.google.com/p/socialtext-open/issues/list
And of course a simple command line Subversion checkout!! e.g toutateam’s check out
Some things, I would like to be added to this are:
- A collaborative way to start new projects.
- Start projects that seem good.
- RSS subscription to bugs and news from each project.
- A recommendation of open source projects I would be interested in – common its google we can expect them to mine it for us!
Any more from you folks. BTW – I am sure google is not going to lie idle with these open source code. They are surely going to have some AI make new code and optimizing code … ha ha ha!