Well – it took me eight whole days to write my first post this year! whew what an achievement. Some bottom line reasons:
- Unable to access internet – time + connectivity
- Not being in the zone (all my writings are in the zone / with the flow) writings 🙂
- Wanted to start out with a positive post 0 having been in a cribbing mode lately and didn’t want to dish it out as the first post here!
I finally decided I should write something I am very proud of now.
After 32 days of good project tracking I have successfully:
- Cleared all my starred/flagged emails :D, I had 170 odd starred emails to be replied or paid attention to! Finally I have cleared all of them meaning all the back and forth ball exchanges … 😉
- Got a job – currently working for ICICI bank for the last 20 days – believe I got my PC three working days back and I am yet to get an internet connection and gmail is blocked anyway (talk about efficiency and privatisation!)
- Have my reading list all sorted out and finished reading thousands of unread posts over a period of two months or more.
- Cleared labels in my gmail box. Down to some 13 labels / folders, came down from around 40 folders!!
Finally I get a immense sense of satisfaction and feel therapeutically healed. I feel good with cleaning – I get OCD feeling sometimes. I swing between clean phases and messy phases in a month 😀 (like a true Gemini) Reminds me of the post I had written on online maids (another outsourcing revenue uh?) – talk about virtualization and second life ha ha. Only thing left now is my delicious! Reminds me of this quote:
The open secrets of good design practice include the importance of knowing what to keep whole, what to combine, what to separate, and what to throw away. – Kevlin Henny
All ready to face the New Year on a Clean Slate! The Future is what you make of it – what do ya say? My Best wishes for you too!