Am subscribed to the Nature Knights mailing list after the river rafting trip and got the following links in one of the mails. I think people who are into trekking in India should take a look at them for birds, flowers n bugs ;-). I am giving the links of the sites I likes with my one line comments
- Birding.in – a verbose site with images. Avid birdwatcher might find it interesting
- Birds of India – Mashup of google maps and where birds are present
- Nerdy Birders – Group Website of three photographers + Bird enthusiasts. Lovely first hand pics of birds and butterflies.
- Collection of links by Vivek Tiwari, a Princeton Indian Graduate Student
- India Nature Watch – nice collection of images by category
- Whatsthatbug.com – Amazing concept. Check it out!
- Bug Guide – a bit too scientific. US and Canada specific. Intensive forum pages also
- Indiabirds.com – Didn’t find this site very user friendly
- Flowers of India – Interesting site with a discussion forum